go away spammer

Author Topic: rusty sencore 148 use?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline blackbeardTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
rusty sencore 148 use?
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »
so i picked this thing up at a garage sale long ago and it's a piece of junk but since i love old equipment i would like to get it working again.  one of the major problems is that it desplays a sign wave without any input when the input knob is set to 5v and displays something that resembles an infinity symbol or a wavy splotch whenever it's set to anything else. i opened it up and all the tubes seem to glow which makes me think they're working but it's really rusty inside so that could be interfering. there's no circuit boards or ic's so i doubt it's shorting. here's a pic of it

[img=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8581/dscn7205.th.jpg]
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

First step: Build androids with AI
Next step: Give them vaginas

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: rusty sencore 148 use?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:10:49 PM »
so i picked this thing up at a garage sale long ago and it's a piece of junk but since i love old equipment i would like to get it working again.  one of the major problems is that it desplays a sign wave without any input when the input knob is set to 5v and displays something that resembles an infinity symbol or a wavy splotch whenever it's set to anything else.
Do you have any purpose whatsoever for a vectorscope? (This is NOT an oscilloscope)!
What would you like it to display?

Most of my that-old-equipment I store in a garage (about 1.5 mile from my home). I cannot really bear to toss it (so I can follow why you keep it), but I don't really wanna waste my powder on dinosaurs that won't ever be anything but nice paperweights.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline blackbeardTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »
hmm it smells really bad when it's turned on now. i don't think i would get much use out of it even if i did know what a vectorscope was useful for since it seems to be running low on smoke :P
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

First step: Build androids with AI
Next step: Give them vaginas

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 03:11:23 PM »
Hi,

[...] it seems to be running low on smoke :P
Smoke?
Such old equipment runs on steam ;D

The only place where I have had use for a vectorscope, was when I worked in TV broadcasting - it gives you readings on several signal parameters at once and when you get the routine, you can see by a quick glance whether the signal is OK or if certain parms. need a tweak.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here