Author Topic: roboduino programming  (Read 3275 times)

Offline RonP4Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
roboduino programming
« on: April 18, 2009, 03:16:43 AM »
I have the Roboduino board and am having trouble programing it. Plug in to usb port, running latest version of avr studio4, red and green lights come on. when I try to program it, it tells me Target not detected.HELP!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: roboduino programming
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 04:34:40 AM »
are you using the usb cable? are you using arduino software? if you are using a programmer make sure you have the right port. listed i have one too :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:01:26 AM by SmAsH »
Howdy

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:44:05 AM »
AVR studio cannot not program the Roboduino through the USB port, only Arduino can do that.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 06:48:29 AM »
exactly! if you are using avrstudio you will need a hardware programmer. otherwise download and install the arduino software www.arduino.cc and razor, be sure to take a screenshot when you have 666 posts, its awesome.
Howdy

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 06:31:04 PM »
I ahve a AVRISP mkII programmer. It says Target Not Detected. When I try the Arduino it says it can't find the USB port. At this point I think I have a bad chip or board.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »
are you sure your com port is the right one?
Howdy

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
Does the programmer have a red led on?

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 05:29:44 AM »
Both the red and green leds come on. Have the AVRISP MKii programmer. When I use Studio4 it reports Target not detected and When I use arduino (usb) it says no usb found. I'm begining to beleive I have a bad board, its happened to me before.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 05:40:44 AM »
when you say you used usb is that connecting the arduino usb port to your pc's port with their cable?
Howdy

Offline MrWizard

• Helpful? 0
  • My cylon friend told me a killing joke......
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
WinAvr has some trouble with ports higher then COM4 so configure your USB found comport to com3 or 4. (check if you a(n) dated/old version)
This can be done in Hardware devices in Windows. Open the found Com port (like com11) and set it to com 4 under advanced.
Make sure that you have selected the right type of AVR microprosessor.

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 09:03:09 AM »
Both the red and green leds come on. Have the AVRISP MKii programmer. When I use Studio4 it reports Target not detected and When I use arduino (usb) it says no usb found. I'm begining to beleive I have a bad board, its happened to me before.

The red LED indicates there is some kind of error in the connection to the Roboduino. If the connection is good the MKII should have two green LEDs on.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »
I have programmed the Atmea8 on the Robouino board, But I can't get the Atmega168 to program. Everything seems to go ok, build ,programming and all , but when I turn it on nothing. I'm using the photovore source code for the Atmega168 from this site. HELP

Offline AdvsNoob

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Younge Inventer
    • Uni Coding
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 11:14:53 PM »
go to tools and serial port i beleave it is called and click the right port.. Should be like COM4 or something like that

As for the board type make sure you have a updated one and it will be like (Mine is a Arduino Atmega328) Arduino Duemilnove/Atmega328 *That may not be right because i am not at home with my arduino right now*

If you did both and you do not get the Serial Port error or anything like that then you cant use the arduino software.. At lease to my beliefs

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 05:58:55 AM »
I have programmed the Atmea8 on the Robouino board, But I can't get the Atmega168 to program. Everything seems to go ok, build ,programming and all , but when I turn it on nothing. I'm using the photovore source code for the Atmega168 from this site. HELP

Make sure you select the proper board in Arduino software, upload the proper bootloader (that process sets the proper fuses) and of course, if you don't use the bootloader just set the fuses accordingly.
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

data_list