go away spammer

Author Topic: any suggestion  (Read 6411 times)

Offline lexzluthorTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
any suggestion
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »
hai.. i am newbie in robotic. And i have a project to build a vehicle trash robot

The task is to move from point a, get the bin, move the trash to the temporary bin on the robot, move to the point b which is master bin, and then unload the bin to it. and then go to point c and so on..

would you mine give me any suggestion or any improvement?

My idea right now is using a two continuous servos and a basic stamp module
i stiil confused with the lifting and grasping mechanism..

it will be great if u can give me what your ideas are...

thx

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: any suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 09:21:20 PM »
Well, this page might help with calculating forces you need for picking things up . . .
http://www.societyofrobots.com/mechanics_statics.shtml

I think you will have a lot of trouble with getting the robot to figure out the difference between a wall and a bin, and probably even remembering where everything is. It isnt an easy task, not even for experts. Consider how you will do this and we can answer any specific questions you have.

Offline lexzluthorTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: any suggestion
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:40:17 PM »
i think i will used 2d koordination system... so the place of the master bin and others is fixed.. soo i just need to move it from a to b..vice versa  always like that. maybe i just put some sensor and metal on the bin to check is there any bin there...

so i want it simple.. i dont want to make it possible for the robot to search the bin by it self..
coz this is my first one  ;D
thx for the links..

Get Your Ad Here