Author Topic: My buddy Tim's HUGE robots  (Read 2618 times)

Offline gtabassoTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
My buddy Tim's HUGE robots
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »
These are two of my buddy Tim Willis' robots. He's working on a 50-foot fire-breathing dragon right now. This is what he does fulltime! Build robots. He's bringing them out to my office on Thursday for an event we are having so he can show them off to the high school's Robotics Team. He actually lives IN his garage, sleeps a couple hours and works around the clock. He drove to Florida and back in a day to get parts for the dragon. My friends are amazing makers.
Gina Tabasso
HGR Industrial Surplus

Offline johnnywheels

• Helpful? 0
Re: My buddy Tim's HUGE robots
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
These are two of my buddy Tim Willis' robots. He's working on a 50-foot fire-breathing dragon right now. This is what he does fulltime! Build robots. He's bringing them out to my office on Thursday for an event we are having so he can show them off to the high school's Robotics Team. He actually lives IN his garage, sleeps a couple hours and works around the clock. He drove to Florida and back in a day to get parts for the dragon. My friends are amazing makers.

They certainly are!  This is incredible!!! Hope to see more pics as the dragon evolves, thanks for the share, will definitely be checking in!  Do you know how long he usually works on the project from start to completion?

Offline gtabassoTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: My buddy Tim's HUGE robots
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 05:34:32 AM »
He builds them in six months but works on them 24/7. I wrote a blog post about him. He builds mechanized monster trucks, too. You can read the blog here if you are interested in learning more:
https://hgrinc.com/self-taught-cleveland-man-builds-monster-trucks-huge-robots/
Gina Tabasso
HGR Industrial Surplus

Get Your Ad Here

data_list