go away spammer

Author Topic: Localization  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Mohamedsaa3dTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Localization
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »
Hello
I want to know the best way to make a robot knows his coordinates in a place

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Localization
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »
 ;D Hello!
I would have to consider the complexity of the robot you are referencing. The more complex
allows more variables to be taken into account, thus more accuracy is delivered. I would focus
on accuracy, then the work load of the design of the robot becomes apparent.
Coordinates suggest GPS usage, so I would look at the Raspberry Pi for accessories to acquire
your information, then use that to navigate. Good Luck!   ;) :) :D ;D

Offline Mohamedsaa3dTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 08:10:59 AM »
Thanks for your replay
But can the GPS provide a stable data to the robot as the robot must move frequently on a defined path

Offline bdeuell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 06:10:36 PM »
if you are designing a robot that will follow a defined path providing a reference on the ground may work well. this can be done many ways including a contrasting line, barcodes at specific locations, or a buried wire. given your reference to a frequency of movement i assume you will want an absolute position reference at at least one location to reduce accumulated error/drift that can result from localization using encoders or other integration methods. You can also combine several localization methods to improve accuracy.

describing what application, environment, size, complexity, accuracy, and any other details about you robot would help people provide more meaningful recommendations.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list