go away spammer

Author Topic: [Help] Graphic LCD Pinout YKP-128x64  (Read 2852 times)

Offline netsharkTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
[Help] Graphic LCD Pinout YKP-128x64
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »
Greetings! I've found this forum and I'm quite sure that as here you have a great community someone could give a hand ;)

Well, I've previously programmed a standard GLCD based on the samsung KS0107/0108 controllers. It had the typical 20 pin straight connector, but... recently I found an older GLCD with some particular difference on the connector. It works with a flat-cable 20 pin connector, but I couldn't find any datasheet or information related to this. (pictures at the end of the post).

¿Does anyone know what would be the pinout? Google wouldn't help, as most of GLCDs appear with the standard 20 pin parallel interface or even serial ones.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: [Help] Graphic LCD Pinout YKP-128x64
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:39:56 AM »
Hi,

It may seem a little shallow posting the exact same question to a lot of foras, but to answer one of your questions from another site:
Well, I think that the first two pins from the left (last from the right) are for the LAMP power (as the other GLCD I'm testing), that could be a high-voltage neon lamp or similar (100V approx) as I used the diode test of the multimeter and it didn't show up as a diode. That could be why the tracks are so wide.
Think electroluminiscent sheet.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline netsharkTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: [Help] Graphic LCD Pinout YKP-128x64
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:09:44 PM »
Hi,

It may seem a little shallow posting the exact same question to a lot of foras, but to answer one of your questions from another site:
Well, I think that the first two pins from the left (last from the right) are for the LAMP power (as the other GLCD I'm testing), that could be a high-voltage neon lamp or similar (100V approx) as I used the diode test of the multimeter and it didn't show up as a diode. That could be why the tracks are so wide.
Think electroluminiscent sheet.

Thanks, but that's actually one of my own responses I've put in another forum :)

I've checked continuity between tracks and it doesn't appear like a standard pinout.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list