go away spammer

Author Topic: track actuator?  (Read 1933 times)

Offline micro_builderTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
track actuator?
« on: September 01, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »
Hey folks,
I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.  I'm looking for a track actuator, something like this, but with a 4 inch stroke.  Only has to push/pull about 5 pounds at the most, 6v preferably, and as fast as possible.

Anyone know a company that has something like this?  I've checked a number of different sites, but havent found quite the right one.

Thanks!
Nick

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: track actuator?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.  I'm looking for a track actuator, something like this, but with a 4 inch stroke.  Only has to push/pull about 5 pounds at the most, 6v preferably, and as fast as possible.
You can always limit a longer stroke, but perhaps this will do?
Or do you need the track?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline micro_builderTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »
The shorter stroke requirement is due to the small size of what I'm building, as is the track.  The track actuator itself will be contained inside a housing, with the track arm being on the outside.  It needs to be compact and the linear style actuators are just too long.

Thanks though :)
Nick

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 06:19:39 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if these will do, but they're several times faster and have a resolution down to 40nm (resolution and precision are different animals however).

(They're both linear actuators btw. as opposed to rotary actuators).
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list