go away spammer

Author Topic: Piloted Robot Battle 2016: Did the U.S. Gain the Advantage  (Read 2303 times)

Offline CLcoreTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Piloted Robot Battle 2016: Did the U.S. Gain the Advantage
« on: July 15, 2015, 10:03:36 PM »
So I wrote this article about the giant robot fight between America and Japan next year:
http://theodysseyonline.com/oregon-state/giant-robot-battle-2016-has-the-us-gained-advantage/122277

And it seemed like making the fight melee only took away a big advantage for Japan, considering the U.S. MegaBot is the larger, heavier machine. Does this put the fight in America's favor or am I giving the Kuratas too little credit?

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Piloted Robot Battle 2016: Did the U.S. Gain the Advantage
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:25:12 AM »
 ;D Hello!
The size of the American robot may have an advantage, but unless it has the power to back it up,
over the time of the battle to finish, then it is finished before the battle starts. I was chatting in
another post about the power in/power out estimation. I will see if this concept pans out.
In the past, in reference to swords, the smaller swords (most of the time) won out over the bigger
swords. Less energy, faster movement, and greater techniquie were the advantage.
Of course, these are robots, more variables to consider; but most important, is the minds behind the
battlebots. If the robots engauge in pure strength, then the more powerfull robot has the advantage.
However, the smaller robot can keep maneuvering, then the odds are in the smaller robots favor.
Each opponent will try to force the other into its "kill" zone;  8) and that is where the minds of the
robot commanders will make the difference.   ;)

Offline CLcoreTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Piloted Robot Battle 2016: Did the U.S. Gain the Advantage
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:09 AM »
Thank you, that's super helpful.  :)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list