go away spammer

Author Topic: New robotic toy coming out!  (Read 3090 times)

Offline mklroboTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
New robotic toy coming out!
« on: June 18, 2021, 09:14:21 AM »
Hello everybody!

I have invented a new robotic toy, that everyone will enjoy, I hope!

It is a Raspberry pi 4 project. I will sell the plans for it, which includes instructional video, schematics, links to free software sites, how to install the freeware, and instrumentation of the robot.

The cost of the plans will be $20; about the same of a good python book you would buy, or the
cost of 2 favorite DVD movies. Once you have the plans, you can make as many as you want!
The estimated cost of the materials to build the robot is approx. $260. That included the cost of the raspberry pi 3, sensors, and mechanical components. To compare, some broken, not working parts for the HERO robot sell at $250 to $600 dollars, and you only get a broken robot. SAD!

I GURANTEE YOU that there is nothing in the world on the market today, like the robot I am going to build!! I will release the web site link to download the plans, exclusively, here on Society of Robots!!!!!!

So, stay tuned, TRUE BELIEVERS! EXCELSIOR!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 05:48:19 AM by mklrobo »

Offline ToyhackRobotics

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
Re: New robotic toy coming out!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 06:02:10 PM »
Sounds great subbed!

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 12:34:57 PM »
 8) Thank you, thank you!  8)

Once you have the plans, PLEASE feel FREE to hack the robot to your heart's desire!!!!  ;D

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 05:46:56 AM »
 :D have no fear, I am still here!!  :D

I am completing the code, and the final assembly of the robot; debugging and
tweeking out any potential problems that I think may have. This is probably the most
time consuming part of invention, BUT, it sure is fun!!!  ;D
    I may go back and make some GUI interfaces, to help in the construction of the
robot; kind of like, a robot construction wizard AI!   ;D
    I am trying to make the construction of the robot so easy, that anyone with some robot
skills should be able to complete it in 3 hours, or an enjoyable weekend, - my goal, anyway.

Stay tuned, True Believers!!!!  EXCELSIOR!!!!   8)   8)

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 07:55:32 AM »
 8) EXCELSIOR!   8)

For those of you who are "afraid" of the code and robotics, and may need good supplemental books to read,
and downloadable books, I will include the names of them in my plans. I am trying to
make the project building enjoyable as possible, with a simple "shake and bake" assembly procedure.

3 hours to complete the robot sounds lengthy, but if you have ever played with a raspberry pi,
interfacing components to the real world consumes time, as well as programming itself! before you
know it, you have spent 3 hours just enjoying yourself working on the raspberry pi!

As for the code, I am listing REM statements in the code for you to use; whereas, you have access
to variables that lets you introduce more sensors into the program to enhance the your robot,
without rewriting the whole program. I will also list freeware that may help write the code for you, to provide a more enjoyable way to enhance your robot.

Stay tuned true believers!!!   8)   8)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 08:55:27 AM by mklrobo »

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 02:32:33 PM »
 8)  EXCELSIOR!!    8)

Hello again to everybody!!

I am streamlining the software loading process for you, as to make it as painless as possible.
I have found some vendors that will preload some of the freeware, which will make the robot
assembly faster, but will make the overall cost $5 - $10 more.

I found a beginner robot enthusiast near me; and am working with him, to make the instructions
user friendly to someone just beginning robotics. He is helping me explain the things I
am overlooking, so it will make it easier for anyone who wants to build this, should have
no problem assembling it in a short amount of time.

;D  stay tuned, true believers  ;D same robot channel, same robot time!!   ;D

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 10:10:42 AM »
 8)  EXCELSIOR!!   8)

Good day, True robotic believers!!

I would introduce to you, a helping hand in writing your python scripts;

https://streamlit.io   ;)

streamlit program will help you write your python programs; which will be useful when you
hack my robot program when I release it. This program is free, but, as all software, will cost
you time in learning to use it.

Another program, which is a starting point for cross platform programming is:

http://www.flowgorithm.org  ;)

This software gives you a basic, bare bones skeleton of cross platform programming. Not the best
of programs, but is a nice intro to information of cross platform programming.  This will help in your
desire to let your smart phone access the robot, for remote control, camera pics, software uploads, or
additions of IoT peripherals that you can imagine!!  ;D

As to the main core of the freeware used, I will submit communities that focus more on the internals;
so you can go as far as you want to to accelerate your imagination on the robot!!   :)

I will release more freeware advice that is helpful, for future concerns. So, when you get the
robot plans, you will already have supplemental info  to hack the robot!!   ;D

Thanks for reading my post, and stay tuned, same robot channel, same robot time!!!   ;D

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 07:55:22 AM »
 8) excelsior!   8)

I would like to recommend a book that will help you with my new robotic toy!

"Beginning Robotics with Raspberry pi and Ardunio"

This book gives a quick reference to all the main points that will make your
life easier with robotics, especially with my toy!!

;D see you same robotic channel, same robotic time!!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:55:27 PM by mklrobo »

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
Robot toy
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 05:57:12 AM »
 :) excelsior!!   :)

Hello, True Believers!  8)

In my preparations to make this project as simple as possible, I
have found a company that sells the raspberry pi, the LCD screen, camera, AND freeware already installed!!!  ;D

All you have to do, is build the mechanical, load my control program, and VOLIA! instant robot toy!!!   :D

I had to do it this way, to simplify the programming issues that (believe me) would frustrate anyone. Loading
and compiling some of the freeware can be a task, and could take away from enjoying the robot.  :'(

Although, slugging through these issues is what robotic  8) superheros do; but, that is one less thing you will
need to do.

I am working with the company to make sure it works properly; if so, this will simplify the project greatly, and
reduce the cost of the project by approx $50 - $100 dollars!!!   ;D

Thank you for reading this post!!  8) see you next  post, same robot channel, same robot time!!!!   8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 11:42:57 AM by mklrobo »

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
robotic toy
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 12:03:52 PM »
 8)  excelsior!!   8)

Hello robot superheros!!

In my plight for using stepper motors for "relative" precision required for my robot,
I have decided to try to use the Easy Driver stepper motor driver. With just a few pins from
the raspberry pi, you will be able to control 2 stepper motors with enough accuracy to
use the robot effectively. ;)
    I wanted to use the adafruit stepper motor hat, BUT, you have to download the library
and use their code; not bad, but will stray away from true python programming. I would like
to keep the programming language as pure as possible, without getting entangled with other
languages that might not even be in existence in 3 years, not to mention the stepper hat might
not even be available.  >:(
    I would like to keep this robot working for the long term, in which more applications can be
intuitively installed without involving a convoluted mess of languages, which only serve to
kill the learning curve and progress of the robot.  :'(
   You will always have the option to use other languages as add ons to your own apps, but the
basic cores (I think) should be a pure building block that can serve the future as well as
retro apps.  :-*
   I have attached the picture of the servo controller, in which I have heard good things about.
I am going back to the drawing board to accommodate these drivers, which will involve some
soldering skills, BUT, will be worth in the future, for simplicity of diagnostic and control.   ;D

;D see you same robot time, same robot channel!   ;D

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 10:56:51 AM by mklrobo »

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
Toy applications, making YOU money!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 05:59:36 AM »
 ;D  excelsior!   ;D

Hello, robot superheros!!   8)

I have had friends to help me explore the new applications of the robot toy I
am working on, and found out some business applications, which may help
a robotic superhero to make money at his hobby, especially with my toy!

I had a friend who owns a local, small seasonal Halloween "theme" park. He needed some
attractions to spice up his park. Just by luck, I found a horror artist who has great ideas for
attractions, but can not make them.  :'( And so, there appeared an opportunity!  ;)

I got to work with the artist to use the robotic boards to make his creations, which could be
rented at the theme park; so we would both make money!! Great, right?   ;)  gets better!!   :o

I found a company called Horror Dome, which sells attractions for horror theme parks. The
selling prices are 10 to 30 times the cost of making the attractions, AND, they sell worldwide!!   $$$!

Moral of the story is this: Take your own Axon or raspberry pi to create a horror attraction, then
test the "sellability" of the illusion on an audience in a local theme park; if it is a best seller, you can patent it and sell
it on Horror Dome, and have the potential to become rich!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

And there you have it, a practical reason to use your robotic superhero powers to keep on making
robots!!!   ;D

8)   see you same robot channel, same robot time!!!   8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 03:05:39 PM by mklrobo »

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
super strong skeleton for your robot!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2021, 10:38:25 AM »
 :)  Excelsior!!   :)

Welcome back to my post in creating a new type of robot toy, I am sure
everyone will want to use!

In the making of the skeleton of my robot, I would recommend a new type of
substance to use on your robot; maybe even making it a humanoid-type robot!!

hard to believe, I know, but technology has made some jumps forward in chemistry!!
I can not believe the robot scientists have not jumped on this concept, but here goes the
secret!!!    :-X :-X :-X

GRAPHENE- One of the hardest substances know to man, and lighter than a feather, and cheap to make!!
 How to make it -  check our the graphene creation on the INSTRUCTABLES WEBSITE.

"This instructable is to show at least 6 different ways to make it . I prefer 2 electro chemical methods but it does not always work depending on the starting material. It is also probably the slowest method but it can create a very clean product. Does not work if you are using powdered graphite or artificial (made) graphite. Artificial graphite can never be used with any process."

Now, why is this a secret sauce for your robot? Well, listen close, my robot superheros!!   :o

The problem with humanoid robots, is that any metal weighs alot, and costs power on the servo driving it, and
kills the battery before the robot can do any work - well, that problem is solved!!
batteries come in 20 ampere/hour power levels now - in the size of a handheld calculator!
10 of these batteries could power your HOUSE for 1 hour!  :o Imagine that!!

Now, imagine what you could do with a robot skeleton which weighs NOTHING, but stronger than steel!
the CPU takes milliwatts(raspberry pi), and the only thing that would weigh anything is the batteries and
the servos driving the robot!!   ;D ;D

The servos are consuming the power, but in a limited fashion, depending on the work you have for the
robot. in other words, robots like in the movie Elysium, Chappie, and Real Steel could be MADE!  :o :o

Incredible! I know, right!!?!  ::)

So, keep that in mind when you start making your robot!!  ;)

See you later,   8) same robot time, same robot channel!!  8)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:34:56 AM by mklrobo »

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
PsychoAndrotics
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 10:14:29 AM »
 :) excelsior!!   :)

Hello again, all robot superheros!!  8)

It has been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul; so
it could be implied this has a great bearing on the mind.

I have been searching a long time for an AI software to control my robot, just like the rest of you.
I think I have found a software solution, in which I would share; I approached
the problem from the perspective of creating a new type of mind. A
strong label that will act like a "compass" to build upon!  :D

I have named my "science" for the creation of the mind software,
to be  psychoandrotics.  -which means, the study of the
mind of the artificial man.   :o

It is a catchy phrase, for sure, but has no substance without a
reference to build upon. I found the name of the software that
is used in IBM's Watson, which is named Monte Carlo.
Watson Artificial Intelligence won at Jepardy, helped solve crimes
& medical ailments such as cancers; also used in self driving cars.

So, if you are looking for real good software to help build
your robot brain, may I suggest the Monte Carlo software
in the context of psychoandrotics?   ;D ;D

I have provided some information to build your superior
robot body, and the foundation for your robot brain; now,
all you need is my new robot toy to complete your total robot!

see you next time,  ;D same robot time, same robot channel!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:34:32 AM by mklrobo »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list