Author Topic: USB interfacing  (Read 1599 times)

Offline preadatorTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
USB interfacing
« on: November 28, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »
how can i put my robot under my PC control via a rc transmitter through a USB interface
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:35:18 AM by preadator »

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: USB interfacing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:14:10 AM »
That stuff just does not exist, sorry. You could go about hooking up a USB flight simulator cable and writing custom software for that, but you might as well just save weeks of work and buy a USB joystick.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »
Hi,

You could go about hooking up a USB flight simulator cable and writing custom software for that, but you might as well just save weeks of work and buy a USB joystick.
How would a joystick save any time at all, when it's a USB interface to go between a PC and an R/C-transmitter that the OP is asking for??
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline preadatorTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 03:09:10 AM »
 I any ways agreee with u soren.. actually i want to control my drone though the pc via RC controll....i mean control it frm my key board...if there's ny way i can interface...my rc trnmitter to my pc then plzzzzz help....

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:12:00 AM by preadator »

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 03:24:43 AM »
Generally with hobbyist drones, people just use a separate wireless transmitter and receiver, since the RC radio cannot send or receive useful data like GPS location, battery voltage, etc etc. diydrones.com is a big help.

The only way I can think of having a computer control the RC radio is through the trainer port, but that would mean you writing custom software for the computer to generate the appropriate signals to emulate a slave radio that is connected to your main radio.