go_away

Author Topic: some help please  (Read 3173 times)

Offline kbrtomTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
some help please
« on: October 11, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »
I am new to all this and now have the time and money to chase it. I bought about $750 worth of parts and equip off eBay and have no idea where to start. Can anyone advise me on some software or publications that will teach me how to program the axon and some basic electronics. Any help would be great.

Offline ArcMan

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Mmmm... Plasma
Re: some help please
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »
You're joking, right?  You bought $750 worth of stuff you have no idea what to do with?

Sounds like my ex-wife  :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:53:38 PM by ArcMan »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
No... I am not joking......If you have the cash why not?  I have always wanted to get into robotics since I was a kid. Now that I am fifty and have worked my ass off all my life, I can do whatever I want. So.. do you have anything constructive to share or what?

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »
well, the $50 robot on the main page is a good start.
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

Offline gamefreak

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
I would suggest creating a plan. What do you want your robot to do, do you want it to mow your lawn, or maybe just be something fun? How big?

Since you have the parts I would suggest a bottom up approach. Think of all the things you can build with the parts you have and then make a decision, start with the simple things and as you get better work into the more complex.

I wouldnt have spent that money but then again I dont have that kind of money. If you know nothing about robotics you may want to put those parts into standby and begin with simple kits or tutorials but ultimately the decision is yours(we dont have the ability to go to your house and make you work... :D).

All hail Rodney, the holy 555 timer
And Steve said: "Let there be lead!"

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
yeah.. thanks that does make sense. I tend to jump into things whole heartedly, but the stuff I bought was recommended be the start page - DC power supply, bench multimeter, ect.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list