Author Topic: Servo issues  (Read 2414 times)

Offline HerantTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Servo issues
« on: October 05, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Hey guys,

Few years back i ordered 4 servos called Turningy 1270HV for some reason i just forgot about those until now. So i was going to try out the "expample" by Arduino but nothing really happend. First time i tried to supply it through Eduino even tho i knew that 5v might be too short. Then i connected servo to an external power supply and turned it up to 7.4v with with "0" amps, then i tried to turn the effect up but still nothing.. After few attempts i tried another servo i had laying around "TowerPro Micro Servo 9g" which worked perfectly fine without any external supply.
So my question is what am i doing wrong here? I noticed it says "Digital High Voltage" can it be the reason for that?

Anyway i am thinking to build a robot arm which has to be able to carry some weight and most important move smooth and realistic, which motors suits best for that?

By the way, i just got Siemens S7-1200 would you prefer use PLC over a microcontroller or would that be overkill and totally unnecessary?

Thanks,
HerAnt.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:02:30 PM by Herant »

Offline cyberjeff

• Helpful? 7
Re: Servo issues
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:36:49 PM »
Hey guys,

Few years back i ordered 4 servos called Turningy 1270HV for some reason i just forgot about those until now. So i was going to try out the "expample" by Arduino but nothing really happend. First time i tried to supply it through Eduino even tho i knew that 5v might be too short. Then i connected servo to an external power supply and turned it up to 7.4v with with "0" amps, then i tried to turn the effect up but still nothing.. After few attempts i tried another servo i had laying around "TowerPro Micro Servo 9g" which worked perfectly fine without any external supply.

This needs at least 6V, reviews claim it does not work at 4.8. Most servos need more current than the Arduino delivers, your unloaded 9g squeaked through. So, do use a separate supply, always...

The most common problem with no servo is not connecting the two supply grounds together.

You've got some nice servos, why don't you run with those, once you get them going.

Offline HerantTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: Servo issues
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
I actually found out that 3 of 4 servos were burned or something, it might be my fault  because i never knew that grd on powersupply should be connected with arduino's and i might have been tweaking voltage a bit over the top sooo.. Well the good thing is that i now got 3 good dc motors with solid gears since modified the fried once. So now i'm waiting for my motorcontollers which i ordered from ebay.
Anyone knows where i can find like complete guide of how making robot arm using dc motors? I've been doing some research but still can't find exactly what I am looking for..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:37:07 AM by Herant »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list