Author Topic: want webots  (Read 2078 times)

Offline fmhaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
want webots
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:20:37 AM »
Hello,
i just register here (it was a bit time consuming ::) with verification questions).
Any way, i think this is a great help for any one interested in robotics starting from scratch. And i want to thank the Admin and supervisor of the site for their efforts and all the members

I am planing to do a project on webots program while focusing on the programming side.
So for that I need an open source physical design of a humanoid robot (the samples in the program are copyrighted) if some kindly find it for me, I could not find any.

Regards,,,

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: want webots
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 06:10:21 AM »
This MIT paper might be useful.

Why do You need someones design?  :) Just slap few servos one on top of the other and You have humanoid  ;D Or are we talking about something advanced here?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline fmhaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:57:41 AM »
noting big, i just want to avoid building a humanoid robot to save some time, i want to give time to coding.
Thanks for the link ;)

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 01:49:48 AM »
noting big, i just want to avoid building a humanoid robot to save some time, i want to give time to coding.
Don't quite understand You; why do You ask for open-source design if You don't want to build it? Design is just a drawing with calculations ready made for You to use, but You still have to gather physical parts Yourself and put them together, that still counts as building. Buying humanoid from a shop is an option as well :) they are expensive though...
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline mr roboto

• Helpful? 0
    • http://legomindstormmania.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
building a humanoid is difficult yes.
but designing one.....
im thinking he wants to avoid that.
am i right or am i left?
I once though that my brain was the most wonderful part of my body. then i realized who was telling me this

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am i or are the others crazy"?
 Albert Einstein

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »
am i right or am i left?
Or plain backwards?  :P ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

data_list