Author Topic: Need smaller wheelchair wheels - can trade larger ones  (Read 1696 times)

Offline jlizotteTopic starter

• Helpful? 3
Need smaller wheelchair wheels - can trade larger ones
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:03:02 PM »
Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm moving Anna, my wheelchair robot, into phase 2. I used an electric wheelchair as her base during the testbed phase, as you can see in some of my previous posts. Now that I've got the electronics and programming all figured out, it's time to start building her permanent chassis, replacing the wheelchair base, and using just the electronics.

So here's the catch: Anna currently has the old-style 12.5" drive wheels on her. These are far too large for the platform I intend to make. I need the smaller wheelchair drive wheels like on the newer Jazzy's, etc. I don't have the measurements in front of me, but they look like they are something close to 6" or so in diameter.

I know I can pick some up on the auction sites, or Cl, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone needs a larger set and would like to trade me a smaller set. If you're interested, drop me a pm and I'll share my address information.

Thanks in advance!

John

PS Can anyone recommend a good site for replacement wheelchair batteries? Without paying a fortune, I mean.  I'm using a fantastic set that was donated to me, but they are larger than car batteries, and will have to be replaced with something smaller. I'm going to use the battery boxes from a child's wheelchair. lol. I'm midway between Cleveland and Columbus in Ohio if you can think of anywhere local for the batteries or wheels.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:31:24 PM by jlizotte »

Offline Tommy

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 3
Re: Need smaller wheelchair wheels - can trade larger ones
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:24 AM »
I'm midway between Cleveland and Columbus in Ohio if you can think of anywhere local for the batteries or wheels.
jlizotte, there is a Tractor Supply in Mansfield.

Tommy

Offline jlizotteTopic starter

• Helpful? 3
Re: Need smaller wheelchair wheels - can trade larger ones
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:29:17 AM »
Thanks Tommy....I didn't think of that. I'm only 15 minutes from there.

John

Get Your Ad Here