Author Topic: can i robot think for itself?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline armbuckTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
can i robot think for itself?
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »
hello, i am new to the community and i apologize for in inconvenience, but i always wanted to could have the AI for robots to do anything and make decisions for its own, anything. Well i am not talking about military AI but AI we could have as normal day job people. Is it possible? Please explain. Thanks
Armbuck 

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Re: can i robot think for itself?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:07:33 AM »
Yea its possible.
Just hook up the flux capacitor to the brain unit of the robot and have it run at 2 parseks utilizing Microsoft Vista, after which you might need a Tesla coil for synergy and efficiency.
Sorry I couldn't help it...

Armbuck: its possible but its incredibly difficult and advanced, you can't explain it in a forum post, let alone in a single book.
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline little-c

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:26:17 AM »
if you did that, you would get a nobel prize.

you can make a robot learn, which is simple enough. you just need a neural network, a couple of equations, and an algorithim

or a basic learning algorithim can do a little bit of learning. kind of like the object avoidance stuff in the $50 robot. a bit crap and takes forever.

it would be much simpler to program a robot for specific tasks. and cheeper.

Offline TeslaHV9

• Helpful? 0
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
ehhh................................

it all depends on your definition of thinking. If thinking is simple prolem solving than yes.

but if you add the human element into the equation than not yet. key word is yet.

the closest thing we come now is cog (google it if you wish)

before we can get true AI we need to give robots the quintascetial essence of the human element- true curiosity

by the way if airman00 neads help with the tesla coil and the flux capacitor I can help :P :P :P :P :P you may want to throw in a fusion reactor too for good measure  :P :P :P :P :P
"If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research." A. Einstein

Offline z.s.tar.gz

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Linux Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »
I think it was best put when it was said "Artificial intelligence is the completion of actions that, when performed by a human, convey a requirement of intelligence to perform."
So robots can do anything, it's just a matter of adding enough scenarios. Learning robots just do it themselves.

Better get crackin' huh?
Save yourself the typing. Just call me Zach.