go away spammer

Author Topic: 4.8v Battery back  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Melcin PowellTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
4.8v Battery back
« on: December 31, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
This is the image it gives me when it informs me that i have to do something different then the normal tutorial because i have a 4.8v battery back is it saying i connect the positive lead of the battery back to the right side and the ground to the right if so what do i do with the capacitors positive lead.

Thanks

Offline VegaObscura

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 6
Re: 4.8v Battery back
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:03:47 PM »
You connect the positive lead of the capacitor to the positive side of the servo power bus.  Those two lines of solder going sideways are your servo power bus.  The line of solder close to the edge of the board is gnd and the one closer to the center of the board is positive.  All you have to do is make that line of solder closer to the center of the board a little longer so it includes the positive lead of the capacitor.

Just to (hopefully) simplify further, the only thing you end up removing is the connection between the regulator and the capacitor.  You don't remove the connection between the capacitor and the bus.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »
So wants it is connected to the power bus it would be OK to clip the positive lead on the capacitor?

Thanks for replying

Offline VegaObscura

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 6
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »
Yes, once its connected you no longer need the positive lead so you can clip it.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »
ok so i solder the positive lead to the power bus behind the capacitor but i disconnect the connection to the regulator and the three pin header?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:40:08 PM by Melcin Powell »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list