go away spammer

Author Topic: Atmega 88PA Fuse Bits  (Read 3274 times)

Offline mobin.abrarTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Atmega 88PA Fuse Bits
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
I am having trouble with the fuse bits of Atmega 88PA. The trouble is that I have no clue how to use Avrdude to set the bits. The software I know is the Extreme Burner by eXtremeelectronics.co.in . It supports various AVR chips including Atmega 88 but not exactly the Atmega 88PA. The problem I am getting is that the burner detects the USBasp programmer, but then cannot seem to find the chip. The USBasp drivers are installed on the PC. Any help?

Offline joe61

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
Re: Atmega 88PA Fuse Bits
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
What are the errors you're seeing, if you copy and paste them it will be easier to figure out.

The avrdude manual is at http://www.nongnu.org/avrdude/user-manual/avrdude.html

The options are listed at http://www.nongnu.org/avrdude/user-manual/avrdude_4.html#Option-Descriptions (look for the -U option). I can't give you more specifics because the option changes depending on which fuse byte you want to program.

I'll take a guess though and say that avrdude probably doesn't recognize the 88PA because it doesn't have an entry for it in its config file. Take a look, if that's the case I can probably tell you how to make it work. Please post the error messages though.

Joe

Offline mobin.abrarTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »
Thanks. The error happens during the fuse bit writing sequence. First the screen tries to detect the programmer. It finds the programmer. Then it says "Powering On". It gives an error and then says Cannot communicate with target Chip. And then it goes on to say Powering off.

Both in eXtreme burner and AVRdude Atmega88PA are not supported.

Offline joe61

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
Did you check your avrdude config file?

Please copy and paste the error messages, rather than summarizing.

Joe

Get Your Ad Here