Author Topic: Servo Jitters  (Read 1300 times)

Offline redruffTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Servo Jitters
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »
Hello,
I need to use a linear servo so I got a hold of this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10951

The problem is..when I suppply 6V power from  a battery pack it jitters really bad.
I hooked it to a stamp and I get it to move but I can never get the jitters out of it.
Any ideas?
What is under the shrink tube? Is it a PWM conversion circuit and could that be causing the problems?
Thanks

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Servo Jitters
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
Hi,

The problem is..when I suppply 6V power from  a battery pack it jitters really bad.
I hooked it to a stamp and I get it to move but I can never get the jitters out of it.
Any ideas?
First thing that should spring to mind when having a defective device would be to contact the seller about it ASAP.

What is under the shrink tube? Is it a PWM conversion circuit and could that be causing the problems?
Again, the seller have a chance of knowing. How should others know, unless they have this very servo and want to possibly destroy it to tell you?
Contact the seller and ask for a correctly working device.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »
I don't think its defective...dude..

The circuit under the shrink tube is a common circuit..I've seen them on other servos...I believe it is a PWM filter or conversion circuit.
Thanks for the help!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
I don't think its defective...dude..
Well,... Dude... If it doesn't behave as it should, it's defective in my book, but if you think it's not, why do you ask?

The circuit under the shrink tube is a common circuit..I've seen them on other servos...I believe it is a PWM filter or conversion circuit.
You have a servo signal into the heat shrink and a DC motor and feedback pot hanging on the other end, so it isn't really rocket science to claim that it's not a PWM filter, but the servo controller proper, converting the servo signal to a servo position with position feedback from the (linear) pot under the slider.

No skin of my back, but if you don't wanna return it for a swap, you'll have to live with the jitter, if it's not your servo signal that is jittery.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
problem solved,
thanks

Get Your Ad Here

data_list