Author Topic: Looking for a Small High Torque 12V DC Motor  (Read 2556 times)

Offline dbassmanTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Looking for a Small High Torque 12V DC Motor
« on: May 09, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »
I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me… I'm looking for a High Torque 12V DC Motor. I've been unable to find one that meets advertised torque values.

Important considerations:

#1. 12V DC
#2. 120 RPM or greater
#3. Body diameter approximately 25mm
#4. Shaft diameter 4mm
#5. Torque (Sustained) >4kgf-cm; (Peak) >8kgf-cm

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline bdeuell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 15
Re: Looking for a Small High Torque 12V DC Motor
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:24:36 PM »
It sounds like you have already tried some motors with these specs, what did not work?

Offline dbassmanTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »
It sounds like you have already tried some motors with these specs, what did not work?

First off, I have to admit I don't know a lot about this, but I'm trying to help my partner find a more powerful motor for our needs.

We got a couple different ones from China off ebay & they did not have the power of our current motor with lesser specs...  We're currently using this motor , but would like one that's a little stronger (more torque). Were also afraid with our current motor that the planetary gear pins will begin to fracture.

The other issue we're having is trying to find them at a reasonable cost, trying to stay around the $15-$30 range. If we have to spend more, we will… Just trying not to!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline bdeuell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:49:43 PM »
superdroid robots has a good selection of geared BDC motors you could check out their selection.

i would be very cautious of any ebay china items. i definitely wouldn't trust the engineering data they provide ... but it seems like you figured this out

Get Your Ad Here

data_list