go away spammer

Author Topic: I NEED HELP ON INTERFACING A BASIC STAMP2 TO A POWERCHAIR CONTROLLER  (Read 3306 times)

Offline JERRY47Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
HELLO  EVERYONE  I PICKED UP AN OLD POWER CHAIR LOOKS LIKE A JAZZY ANYWAY I WANT TO BUILD A ROBOT CONTROLLED BY A PARALLEL PORT FROM A LAPTOP ,I  AM THINKING I NEED TO CONVERT A BINARY  CODED DECIMAL FROM THE PARALLEL PORT TO AN  ANALOG SIGNAL FOR THE CONTROLLER  THOUGHT I COULD DO THIS  USING A BASIC STAMP2 AND A MAX522 DAC THE  PROBLEM IS NOT SURE WHAT TYPE OF OF ANALOG VOLTAGE  THE CHAIR USES  ALSO COULD USE SOME CODE TO GET THE DAC UP AND RUNNING       ;D

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
owch man! those caps made my head funny...
any reason why its all caps, broken keyboard?
what i got from that is you want to be able to control the wheelchair from your pc's parallel port by inputting some commands into your pc?
do you still want the original electronics etc in the chair?
do you have the electronics?
Howdy

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
YA I KNOW IT WAS ALL CAPITALS BUT  IT IS JUST  TYPING ON A KEYBOARD  NO TIME TO MAKE THINGS PRETTY .  YES I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL ELECTRONICS ,DONT HAVE ALOT OF MONEY BUT LOTS OF TIME, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST  IN HELPING ME  ;D     

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
so what, is caps stuck on?
if it operates via a joystick you could put some servos on each axis on the joystick and use the parallel port to control that? there are modules to do this for you, but i think it is possible to do this using a crappy rc car, but then you cant use servos because of no pwm :( no matter...
Howdy

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
NO THE CAPS ARENT STUCK SIMPLE PREFER  TO TYPE  THAT WAY  THANKS FOR THE HELP BUT I DONT WANT TO USE SERVOS  I WANT TO REPLACE THE JOYSTICK  WITH AN ELECTRONIC CONTROL  HENCE THE BASIC STAMP2 THIS WILL BE SET UP  TO  TAKE  A BCD INPUT AND WITH THE MAX522 DAC  RETURN AN ANALOG OUTPUT  WHICH   I WILL  PLUG INTO THE CONTROLLER  ;) 

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
then you will most likely have to buy a wireless module... look into bluesmirf...
Howdy

Get Your Ad Here