go away spammer

Author Topic: Detect infrared codes from the remote controller  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Ana_DigTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Detect infrared codes from the remote controller
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »
I have in my home an air conditioner and his remote controller that control by IR communication so when I touch one command in the remote controller the led of the remote controller become to flick in one frequency for example 100 flickers per second and this say for example to the air conditioner to up the temperature by 1 degree of celsius and if I touch other button for example to change to cold mode so the led flick in other frequency for example 500 flickers per second, I have the air conditioner remote controller (the sender), the air conditioner (the receiver) and universal remote controller for air conditioners but I don't know the codes )the frequencies of the led for every command) so I want to find it or to discover it so my question is how I can do it?
Is exist one device that can detect the codes of the remote controller? if yes so I will glad if you can add a website about this

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Detect infrared codes from the remote controller
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 06:27:08 PM »
 :) Hello!
Best buy or walmart has a universal remote, in which
you put the universal remote in front of the original remote.
Another type has code in which you can look up on
a website. Do not know the site to help. :'(
Good luck!   :) :)

Offline bdeuell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 15
Re: Detect infrared codes from the remote controller
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »
the signal is probably a serial transmission consisting of several bits that represent the command is being sent. i believe most of the ir remote systems transmit ir pulses/bits at on a carrier frequency. for an off bit the led would be completely off. for an on bit the led would be turning on and off at the carrier frequency. this helps the receiver differentiate from IR interference from sources such as the sun and the IR transmitter. i have seen receiver modules that only except ir at a specific frequency and output the logic high or low, with carrier frequencies from 30kHz to 56kHz (see http://www.vishay.com/docs/82459/tsop48.pdf). However unless you know what this carrier frequency is it would be difficult to utilize one of these modules. Also there are various wavelengths of IR light but i believe 950nm is common.

perhaps you can start by connecting an IR receiver/phototransistor to an oscilloscope to identify the signal you are trying to replicate. I would start by identifying the carrier frequency (if there is one), at this point you might be able to swap the transistor out for one of those IR receiver modules mentioned above. then look for the clock frequency of that the bits are sent on. once you have that information you should be able to decode the serial data. ...of course your system could function in some other way but this is what i would expect to find.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list