Author Topic: suggest an opamp  (Read 1336 times)

Offline aruna1Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
suggest an opamp
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
hi
I'm looking for a single supply opamp with following characteristics

gain bandwidth product of few MHz
slew rate at least 2V/us
operating voltage from about 4V
single supply
very common & easy to find

I tried TLC numbers MC numbers but couldn't find any IC in local shops. ordering such IC from another country is not an option as it takes about 3 weeks to receive.

can someone please suggest me opamp with above specs
thanks
I'm Me

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: suggest an opamp
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »
Hi,

I tried TLC numbers MC numbers but couldn't find any IC in local shops. ordering such IC from another country is not an option as it takes about 3 weeks to receive.

can someone please suggest me opamp with above specs
thanks

MCP6021
GBW 10MHz
Slew rate 7V/µs
Operating voltage, 2.5V to 5.5V
Rail-rail
And since it's a Microchip part, it's as common as PIC's
You can have it in a range of houses, from a common PDIP-8 down to a 5-pin SOT-23

I don't know how fast they operate in your end of the world, but try here for a couple of samples:

Srilanka
Sales Office
   Microchip Technology (India) Private Ltd.   
   India Design Center
   Plot No. 149-B. EPIP Phase Industrial Area,
   Whitefield

Bangalore, 560 066
   India
   Phone: +91-80-3090 4444
   Fax: +91-80-3090 4123

I've gotten samples made halfway around the world in 2..3 days from ordering.

Since I don't know what's in your local store, I have no chance of guessing what might fit, if any - your demands are a bit steep for the average hobbyist op-amp.

If you have a list of what they have in store, I could glance through it and see if anything pops up.
I'd try the local (sort of) Microchip Sales Office first though.

You could call the various local sales representations for major chip manufacturers and ask politely if they have something you could use - in any case, it's good to make some contacts in the trade you're heading towards and most can be persuaded to send a few chips to an interested student - also good for future projects.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »
hi soeren
thanks for the suggestion.

thing is there is no representatives in Sri Lanka as far as I know. as I said before doing electronics in Sri Lanka sucks ???.
and microchip doesnt send samples to Sri Lanka and even maxim has stopped sendding samples to Sri Lanka recently  :(
I'm Me

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
Hi,

thing is there is no representatives in Sri Lanka as far as I know. as I said before doing electronics in Sri Lanka sucks ???.
and microchip doesnt send samples to Sri Lanka and even maxim has stopped sendding samples to Sri Lanka recently  :(
The one in Bangalore (India) does hold the representation for Sri Lanka and you could try calling them or sending them an email, explaining what you need it for and you may get lucky.

That would be very different to a wave of greedy people from certain countries just trying to chip in on the (automated) free sample system on a regular base, usually selling the spoils on eBay later and ruining it for people with a serious need.

Telling them that you're willing to pay for the goods (if you are) should get them to you very fast.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »
hmm I see, I'll give it a try
I'm Me

data_list