Electronics > Electronics

USB microphone

(1/3) > >>

airman00:
I was using a webcam's microphone for voice control of my robot but its not that good. ANyone know which USB microphone to use for it to be able to pick up sound from anywhere in a  room?
Also, how do i filter out all sound besides the sound in the frequency of my voice?

HDL_CinC_Dragon:
That would be VERY difficult and im not sure if it can be done with a USB mic... I could be mistaken though

most USB mics are usually directional so that they basically point at your mouth for when you speak.

Your going to have to find some sort of boom mic type of thing...

As far as isolating the frequency of your voice, your going to have to record a few high quality sound bytes and use an Oscilloscope to find out the frequencies of your voice and then you should be able to use a simple filter circuit to isolate those frequencies...

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: airman00 on August 08, 2007, 04:53:22 AM ---Also, how do i filter out all sound besides the sound in the frequency of my voice?
--- End quote ---
You don't... It's impossible.
Grab a couple of electronics 101 books and start reading for a year or two. All your questions demonstrate a shouting lack of even the basics and without that, all you can do is be the hands of other people building your stuff.

HDL_CinC_Dragon:
Soeron that was un-called for.

Half of the SoR population is probably extremely new to robotics.

S. Karim:

--- Quote from: Soeren on August 08, 2007, 05:33:09 PM ---You don't... It's impossible.
Grab a couple of electronics 101 books and start reading for a year or two. All your questions demonstrate a shouting lack of even the basics and without that, all you can do is be the hands of other people building your stuff.

--- End quote ---
Wow, excuse the hell out of us for being in a rush to know things.

What a jerk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version