Author Topic: Zhichuan Electronics ZCT245AN-TTL Two-Axis Tilt Sensor Module  (Read 3115 times)

Offline popcornhoboTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Zhichuan Electronics ZCT245AN-TTL Two-Axis Tilt Sensor Module
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:31:34 AM »
I recently purchased the Zhichuan Electronics ZCT245AN-TTL Two-Axis Tilt Sensor Module and found out the the documentation it comes with http://www.robotshop.com/content/PDF/zhichuan-electronics-zct245an-ttl-user-guide.pdf is wrong.

It States:
Pin1: 5v
Pin2: Gnd
Pin3: RX
Pin4: TX

so far we have found
Pin1: 5v
Pin2: Gnd
Pin3: TX

There are also 6 additional pins on the board that are not referenced. Does anyone know a way to safely find what pin is RX. I'm all for guess and check, but I want to make sure I don't hurt anything in the process.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:09:29 PM by popcornhobo »

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: Zhichuan Electronics ZCT245AN-TTL Two-Axis Tilt Sensor Module
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:42:31 PM »
Yea, that data sheet leaves a bit to be desired. Guess you need the heed the very last line on the sheet.
Specifications subject to change without notice!

What is the IC on the board?
If you can find that out and get the data sheet for the IC then you can follow the traces from the connector pins to the IC to determine their function.
Sometimes looking that a signal on an O'scope helps.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:39:01 PM »
Hi,

There are also 6 additional pins on the board that are not referenced. Does anyone know a way to safely find what pin is RX. I'm all for guess and check, but I want to make sure I don't hurt anything in the process.
The safest method would be to demand the info from where you bought it, alternatively a refund for defect goods, if that's the problem.
Alternatively, email the manuf. at [email protected]
http://en.zc-sensor.com/Detail_Product.php?id=66

If you can read the type number off the chip, you might be able to find a datasheet on that, which could then guide you to whatever is on which pins.

Personally, I'd contact RobotShop, as they seem to be the sole vendor of this board.
http://en.zc-sensor.com/links.php
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline popcornhoboTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
Thanks again for the advice! Here is the updated pin map for those who may need it

①————+5V
②————GND
③————TX(TTL)
④————RX(TTL)
⑤————RX(RS232)
⑥————TX(RS232)

Get Your Ad Here