go away spammer

Author Topic: Beer Robot!  (Read 2791 times)

Offline chris-aslTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Beer Robot!
« on: October 26, 2010, 03:47:38 AM »
Just found this forum, and it looks quite cool! (I particularly like the irony of having so many "anti-bot" measures to sign up!!)

Anyway, thought I'd share a few videos of a robot I've been working on with a few other guys at Middlesex University in the UK- Heineken Bot. It's been in development for around 10 months now, and has gone from a simple fun, "stick a bit of beer in a cup" sort of thing, to something that can actually be feasibly used to pour a decent beer every time! It's based around heineken's draughtkeg system, which is a small pressurised mini-keg available from supermarkets over here. The robotic components are magnetic, so it's very easy to change the keg.

This was an early-ish version, the pouring was timing-based, and quite unpredictable:

[youtube]WWLcZfeq634[/youtube]

We've now got it controlling the pressure in real time to compensate for changes of pressure in the barrel (this was filmed for Danish TV in the summer, apologies if (like me) you dont speak the language!):

[youtube]p73z5HIpdEs[/youtube]

Offline Oller125

• Helpful? 2
    • My Blog
Re: Beer Robot!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:15:14 AM »
I was hoping it would actually deliver the beer to you! but still it's a very nice looking robot

Offline chris-aslTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:02:18 AM »
Thanks! It kind of patrols the 'bar' and uses u/s sensors to make sure it doesn't fall off. When you wave in front of it it turns to serve you. I'd have loved to make it so that it sits in one place and uses a camera to identify customers to serve, but that wasn't in the brief and would have really strethed the budget and as it's something none of us have dealt with before, it would have really pushed the already tight deadline to learn how to do it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:03:40 AM by chris-asl »

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
I was hoping it would actually deliver the beer to you! but still it's a very nice looking robot

There's other posts in the video sections of robots that do this. I know I posted a few.

Offline ddemarco5

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 01:55:23 PM »
Robot is awesome, and I looked around for this song forever before I realized it was made for this robot.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list