Author Topic: $50 robot help programming  (Read 2631 times)

Offline dylanTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
$50 robot help programming
« on: December 31, 2011, 06:34:54 PM »
I have everythign hooked using the pololu 6 pin programer and am getting an error message saying

The SPI command for entering programming mode was sent, but the expected response from the target was not received.  Make sure that the ISP frequency setting is less than 1/4th of the target's clock frequency.

no clue what it is supposed to be or what i am doing wrong. it seems like im doing everything right. please help.

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
Re: $50 robot help programming
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
Make sure there isn't a load (an LED or something) on the programming lines, especially SCK--I've run into that issue fairly often with the Pololu programmer, since Arduino puts an LED on SCK by default.

Offline dylanTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
there isnt.  i checked all of the connections multiple times and it still gives me this message.
ive spent way to much time trying to figure it out and i really need help.
thanks for your input

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 04:09:07 AM »
[...] i checked all of the connections multiple times and it still gives me this message. [...]

A sharply-focused, zoomed in picture of the circuit would be nice; or at least a circuit diagram of what you have built.

[...] ive spent way to much time trying to figure it out and i really need help. [...]

You know what the error is (the error message is in your post), the only thing you can do is to make sure your hardware is correct. It is highly unlikely that there is a fault with the programmer, especially with the SPI error.

The programmer can only source a few mA of current, so making sure there is no leakage (intentional or otherwise) is the simplest method to eliminate this from the equation. Also recognize that it's fairly easy to plug in the programmer backwards.

Offline adanvasco

• Helpful? 6
  • Necessity is the mother of invention.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
What programmer exactly do you have? A link would be ok to understand better. Also, are you sure the error description does not apply?
Knowledge does not weigh.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list