go away spammer

Author Topic: PC via Serial or USB to Micro  (Read 1629 times)

Offline sswcharlieTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
PC via Serial or USB to Micro
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:25:24 PM »
Hi

I am looking for some software to go on a PC and then create a data stream w/packets etc to go onto a data bus, using serial or USB via hyperterminal or similiar.  On the data bus there are several receivers (motor speed controllers) to receive the data from PC.  I have all the data packet structures etc.  I would prefer some software that would accept MS Excel and process into to binary for transmission.

Not a complicated code required.  Address of the receiver and fwd/rev/speed of a motor.

To summarise:  I have the receivers already (based on TMS1000) want to send code from PC to the receivers.

Need PC software to act as microcontroller to send to receiver.  Need to be able to set up the packets etc.  Would also like to be able to read the data on a chart that is being sent.

Thks
Charlie

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: PC via Serial or USB to Micro
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:22:16 AM »
Why not to write piece of software Yourself. C# suits Your needs perfectly.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline sswcharlieTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: PC via Serial or USB to Micro
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:07:32 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will have a look at that option.  Do you know where a range of smaple codes might be found, especially for creating binary and exporting thru port to a bus.

Thanks

Charlie

Get Your Ad Here

data_list