Author Topic: ER-1 Robot - recycling  (Read 4862 times)

Offline algtraderTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
ER-1 Robot - recycling
« on: September 26, 2016, 08:47:56 PM »
Hello

I was cleaning up our guest room and found my ER-1 Robot.  I want to check if anyone here has the software, i.e., the drivers for the robot.  I was able to download the Robot Control Center but cannot find the driver for the ER-1 robot control module.

I was planning to drive the robot via the USB ports of my laptop but not using the ER-1 software which came with the robot.  I think there is still some value in learning how to program it using .net.

Or if the software is not available anymore, can you suggest a way of recycling the ER-1? I'm thinking I can still use the frame and the stepper motors which came with the robot and interface it to an Arduino uno microcontroller unit.

Thanks in advance

Offline Chewy

• Helpful? 0
Re: ER-1 Robot - recycling
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:18 PM »
Hi Algtrader
  You can download new updated drivers from http://gotabot.weebly.com/.  The original drivers did not work with anything newer than Windows XP but these are  modified  drivers and work with newer versions of Windows.   They are unsigned drivers requiring a non standard installation.   

To setup / use:
  a.   Enter  the unsigned driver installation mode by:
      i.   Open the 'Run dialog'  (press Win+R)
     ii.    type shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    iii.    After rebooting into the 'Options Menu', click 'Troubleshoot' and then 'Advanced Options'.
    iv.   Click 'startup settings' and then 'reboot'.
     v.    After rebooting, click option 7 'Disable driver signature enforcement' and reboot.
  b.   Navigate to the RCM Driver folder of the download package.
  c.   Right click on the file ftdibus.inf and click on install.  Follow the prompts.
  d.   Right click on the file ftdiport.inf and click on install.  Follow the prompts.
  e.   Connect the ER1. to your laptop. 

Cheers

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
Chewy,

Thanks!  I am having issues downloading the two zip files - the computer thinks the files have viruses.  Did you have the same issues?

Al

Offline Chewy

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »
Hi Al

I re-downloaded and scanned with AVG anti virus.  No problems were detected.  The web hosting service (Weebly) also scanned the files for issues before posting them.  What anti virus package are you using?

Regards

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »
Chevy

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials.

Al

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »
Chewy

We are good now. I used another PC with Norton Anti Virus and the files downloaded just fine.

Thanks

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 04:35:26 PM »
Got the ER-1 robot working again!

Does anyone know what language the ER-1 Robot Control Center is written in?

I would like to drive the robot using that language or a more modern programming tool. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Get Your Ad Here