go away spammer

Author Topic: Servo wiring question?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline strat321Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Servo wiring question?
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
I am working on a project in which the wires connecting the servo to my MCU need to be rather long.  Where could I purchase wire to splice in to my hitec servos wires? Thankyou

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: Servo wiring question?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »
I

Offline Mastermime

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »
Another option is to buy extender wires. They have a male/female connectors and just plug in.

Offline Mastermime

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »
Another option is to buy extender wires. They have a male/female connectors and just plug in.

I thought of suggesting that, but he would probably end up getting more 'bang for his buck' by buying the spool of servo wire.

Offline strat321Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:16:08 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, I agree that the bulk wire is probably better.  I would need to buy mutiple packs of extenders which seems like a waste of $ despite being slightly easier

Offline greywanderer012345

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 01:27:15 AM »
I would also suggest looking into molex connectors, like the ones used by admin for the light sensors. They will allow you to make your own custom extenders, and you don't have to cut your servo wires. You can get male and female ones on digikey or at certain electronics stores. I couldn't find them at Radioshack, but Spectronics has them. If you don't want to buy the clamps, it's not hard to connect and secure the connectors with needle-nose pliers, it just takes a minute or so rather than a couple seconds, and you might ruin a few connectors.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list