Author Topic: Need help to find a Cylindrical Arm manufacturing company  (Read 1609 times)

Offline brssTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need help to find a Cylindrical Arm manufacturing company
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »
As a project study on my Dynamic Modelling and Control of Robots lectures, I am supposed to design a cylindrical arm with a nonspherical wrist. With that purpose, I have to find some technical  drawings of a cylindrical arm. But I have issues to find a cylindrical arm manufacturing company(that has also techical drawings on the website). Do you know any cylindirical arm models that I can assemble a nonspherical wrist on?

Thanks for your answers

Offline Aberg098

• Helpful? 0
Re: Need help to find a Cylindrical Arm manufacturing company
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:26:36 PM »
I don't want to sound harsh, but did you try a google search. I did and found a few results, and I like this one:
http://www.strobotics.com/cylindrical-format-robot.htm
Seems to have a lot of visual, and technical info like reach and range.

On a side note, I doubt it would be easy to find actual technical drawings, since those are usually proprietary to the company. Nobody wants their designs stolen or copied!

Offline brssTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Need help to find a Cylindrical Arm manufacturing company
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
I had already looked at that one. But my aim with looking some technical drawings was to find the actual files and animate the design on CosmosWorks and compare the output with my design's. I am already designing one, it would be difficult to draw from the visuals on that website and also that model is not suitable for  my task which requires at least 5 dof. Big companies such that Kuka, Epson, ABB already publishing the actual drawings. One model from these companies would do my work but i couldn't find any.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list