Author Topic: Light weight one axis hinge recommendation  (Read 1322 times)

Offline oldmicahTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Light weight one axis hinge recommendation
« on: February 16, 2023, 07:51:13 PM »
I'm attempting to build a crow that can stay upright even when its perch tilts.  For that I need to have some single axis hinges (not u-joints).  I'm using 3mm rod for my internal supports and am hoping to find some light weight hinges that are sized appropriately and can take a lot of duty cycles and still remain fairly friction free.

I'm using the hinges on opposing platforms connecting by the 3mm rod to keep them separate. There will a mechanism that keeps the top platform (that will hold the head) parallel to the bottom platform that the feet are attached to.

1) I've included an image (tube with a fork on one side and a tabbed tube on the other with a pin tying them together) of one I'm thinking of but I can't for the life of me find the name of it.  Does anyone knew the name so I can find one on amazon or McMaster Carr?  (I could make this myself, but time is short and I have plenty of others things to do first)

2) Is there a better choice?

really appreciate the help!
sss
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 05:47:45 AM by oldmicah »

Offline oldmicahTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Light weight one axis hinge recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 06:22:58 PM »
Chuck on Stack exchange was able to find this link for tube hinges on McMaster Carr: https://www.mcmaster.com/product/98010A290

Get Your Ad Here

data_list