go away spammer

Author Topic: I built a robot  (Read 7256 times)

Offline amigafinTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
I built a robot
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:46:18 PM »
Here's the story: I got a robot arm kit for Christmas,  and disappointed in the quality, decided to build my own. I got carried away and built an entire voice controlled robot instead. The numbers I say are a time duration to give me incremental control.  Took three months from scratch (I had to learn programming). The mast is to help me when I change light bulbs. Adding sonar soon. It is controlled by an arduino uno with an EasyVR voice control shield, and  another arduino to control the drive system and sonar. It also carries a galaxy s2 smartphone with the Dragon assistant app to answer questions/google stuff/etc. It charges off of the main battery, and the audio is sent by Bluetooth to the robot amp. Other than the phone, it is built from scratch. I'm going to use it to help me with house projects. It has interchangeable grippers for tools and flat items, such as printed circuit boards.
Here is the link: http://youtu.be/sJsJFgB81p4
Sorry for the vertical video, but its a tall robot!
Thanks for looking! Tell me what you think...

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: I built a robot
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »
 8) 8) Simply AWESOME!   8) 8)
Kind of reminds me of Chappie.  What kind of microcontroller did you use?
The command are sent to the unit via bluetooth, but what (if any) dedicated device do
you use to pass  data?(phone, Axon mote, etc) Good job!   :) :) :)

Offline amigafinTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:53:08 AM »
The primary controller is an arduino uno with an easyvr voice recognition shield.  That controls the voice command and arm/lights/mast. A second arduino controls the drive system/sonar and communicates via wire with the primary to know what to do.  The phone is just there to operate the dragon assistant app, and do some other things such as recieve weather alerts and Internet searches.  The "chappie" antenna ears do nothing,  they were my wifes idea after seiing the chappie commercial,  she said it needed "bunny ears".

Offline Popsimath

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 06:35:34 AM »
Very cool. Any updates to this? The lights look like Black Diamond headlamps which I have chosen as the best. I am just getting into arduino and robotics so glad to see something using those controllers. i'd like to see the code. What does the mast do?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list