Author Topic: $50 robot programming question  (Read 2374 times)

Offline lowprofylTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
$50 robot programming question
« on: September 20, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »
Im a newb at this...

I used avr studio and compiled the files from the $50 robot tutorial with rebuild all. Then I sucessfully loaded the Photovore_v1.hex file to my chip using AVRdude and this http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9231 AVR pocket programmer.

but nothing happends? Im assuming it should just run as soon as i flash the chip right?

When i build all in AVRstudio does that create the right the proper .hex file i need? I feel like i;m missing a step or something here?

thanks

Offline greywanderer012345

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
Re: $50 robot programming question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »
I'm a total newb too. In fact, I'm still building the $50 robot, so be wary of my advice. Still, try turning the mcu off and then back on after programming. I hope this helps.

Offline knossos

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 14
Re: $50 robot programming question
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
I used avr studio and compiled the files from the $50 robot tutorial with rebuild all. Then I sucessfully loaded the Photovore_v1.hex file to my chip using AVRdude and this http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9231 AVR pocket programmer.

but nothing happends? Im assuming it should just run as soon as i flash the chip right?

When i build all in AVRstudio does that create the right the proper .hex file i need? I feel like i;m missing a step or something here?

thanks

I haven't used AVRdude, but AVRstudio does create the .hex file when you build all (look in the project folder for your current project, it will be in the subfolder "default".)
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."

— Oscar Wilde

Get Your Ad Here

data_list