Author Topic: Connecting My Axon II to Easy VRShield 3.0  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Ahdem99Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Connecting My Axon II to Easy VRShield 3.0
« on: January 02, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »
Saw a tutorial on Instructables on how to make a voice-controlled robot, but in tutorial they showed me how to use it with Easy VRShield 2.0, but i bought 3.0. and I don`t know how to connect my VR to Axon. I am new to Robotics, so im not so familiar with it. I know how to program it, but i don't know how will my Axon communicate with VR. I don't know where to plug my wires in.
Everything is perfectly explained here, but it`s just for connecting Axon to VR 2.0. : http://www.societyofrobots.com/sensors_voice_recognition_robot.shtml
Please somebody help. I need it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:34:31 PM by Ahdem99 »

Offline mallster

• Helpful? 2
Re: Connecting My Axon II to Easy VRShield 3.0
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:57:31 AM »
Hi,

I have a VR 2.0 and have used it with a Axon and programmed using the webbot studio.

Since you have bought the shield version. Which was made to plug into a arduino. It seems you have 3 options.

1. Buy a arduino.  I believe Veear have libraries on their site. And program through Arduino.

2. Remove the VR 3.0 from the shield, plug required pins into the AxonII. ( rx, tx and power and gnd.)

3. Plug into- ( rx, tx and power and gnd.) on the VR Shield and use the Axon.

You then need to connect to the vr3.0 through usb to train voice commands using the Veear software.
After that. What I did was use webbot studio to program from there.

Not sure on your level of experience but just remember rx goes to tx and tx to rx.   ;)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list