Author Topic: Unknown Robot for sale/parts  (Read 4059 times)

Offline ajrd01Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Unknown Robot for sale/parts
« on: December 03, 2010, 07:44:54 PM »
I am not a robot guy so I have no idea what this thing does.  It has three wheels with servos by a company called advanced motion, free wave radio transmitor, video receiver and camera, and a really big mother board looking thing.  All pulleys, gears and drive belts are in good condition.  I can't identify half the stuff in this thing.  Body is heavy duty alluminum, rough outside, inside it's close to immaculate.  No power source so I can't tell if it hums and buzzes! I will part it out or sell it whole.  Comes with a big carry case with wheels.  It says ODIS something or other on the outside and Kuchera.  Can't read much, cover is rough. I will provide pictures, if asked.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:51:34 AM by ajrd01 »

Offline VegaObscura

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 6
Re: Unknown Robot for sale/parts
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 03:22:58 PM »
Pictures plx.

Also, what price did you have in mind?

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »
Pics
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:09:30 PM by ajrd01 »

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
This looks like a prototype for a precision movement stand for a studio camera. Freewave radio seems to suggest it receives command from a master controller.

whats the weight of the device, and dimension of the case. IE, what is shipping cost going to look like. Where are you located?

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
I am located in northern New York.  The entire case including the robot and the controller weigh in at about 60-70lbs, best guestimate.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »
Please ask if you would like to see more pictures.  Again, I would like to sell it or part it out.  I think this thing is worth in the area of 5 figures.  I will take any reasonable offer for it and the buyer will pay shipping.  I would rather not part it out, but I will if I have too.  I will consider ANY serious offer, and may include shipping if the price is right.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:42:10 PM by ajrd01 »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
Hi,

This looks like a prototype for a precision movement stand for a studio camera. Freewave radio seems to suggest it receives command from a master controller.
I doubt that very much (and I have spent quite some time in broadcasting), it wouldn't be able to provide adequate support for a BC cam.

It's not a robot in any way!
It looks like a very simple inspection ROV, likely for checking under vehicles (at borders, prisons or simply to check for leaks/breaks/whatever).

Asking 5 figures is not optimistic, it's bordering on insanity - I doubt that it would even net $800 and asking even just a quarter of that, is sure to keep me very uninterested.

But good luck with the sale anyway  :)
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:37:15 PM »
Hi,

I doubt that very much (and I have spent quite some time in broadcasting), it wouldn't be able to provide adequate support for a BC cam.

When I said that, I only had the first picture to go off. He has since added the rest. I too have also been around a state-of-the art news studio with robotic cameras. Compared to older cameras i'm sure you are familiar with, the newer fully robotic cameras are small, slim and light. The tripod base is very similar in size. It's eerie watching the live news with nothing but the anchors and director in the room, and a fleet of robotic camera running around by themselves to pre-programmed positions.

But yeah, now that he posted more then one picture, I agree. Especially since now you can see the camera on it. I missed that on the first pic.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Internet research has provided a model.  It is an ODIS-T2.  It is indeed a robot for looking under vehicles.  The website implies that it has thermal imaging capabilities and who knows what else. Kuchera is a DOD contractor I guess. Anyway, like I said I will take any reasonable offer.  I am NOT looking for 5 figures, (LOL).  Anybody know what the parts would cost?

Offline AtomHex

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 03:16:14 PM »
have you sold this thing???

Get Your Ad Here