go away spammer

Author Topic: what is this white box and arm called?  (Read 2316 times)

Offline apexstagTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
what is this white box and arm called?
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:22:05 AM »
hey I am helping my kid design a small tech project for school, and he is making something to show how robots can do repeatable tasks really easily and don't suffer from boredom or breaks as humans do.
He wanted to show this with something similar to this - sad I know using this to play a game but this is the principle we want to get across. can anyone tell me what that unit might be called/where I could buy one from? I don't want to spend shed loads on full robotic arm! we are going to build it up with lego into a person :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxn9p_Yqg2U

Offline johnnywheels

• Helpful? 0
Re: what is this white box and arm called?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »
hey I am helping my kid design a small tech project for school, and he is making something to show how robots can do repeatable tasks really easily and don't suffer from boredom or breaks as humans do.
He wanted to show this with something similar to this - sad I know using this to play a game but this is the principle we want to get across. can anyone tell me what that unit might be called/where I could buy one from? I don't want to spend shed loads on full robotic arm! we are going to build it up with lego into a person :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxn9p_Yqg2U

There's a device called a RepetiTouch, but that can be pricey.

I've seen others on e-bay that range from $35-$60 depending on the seller.

Good luck!

Offline apexstagTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: what is this white box and arm called?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »
thanks for the reply, when i search repetitouch it just comes up with an app, i'm not after an app rather the robot/motor device with the repeating action. could you get a link to the ebay ones you've seen?

thank you

Offline johnnywheels

• Helpful? 0
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:41:26 PM by johnnywheels »

Get Your Ad Here