Author Topic: bioloid spider king with IK in C++  (Read 3550 times)

Offline animaniacTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
bioloid spider king with IK in C++
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:14:51 AM »
I completed my algorithm for the bioloid spider king, I tried to keep it as short and simple as possible (450 lines long):

bioloid spider king controlled with IK in C++

Offline CDUNN

• Helpful? 0
Re: bioloid spider king with IK in C++
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:07:33 PM »
Wow this is really cool I want to make a robot like this now. I especially like how its used with a ps3 controller. lol I couldnt finish watching the vid though cause the scraping noise the robot made on the wood floor was driving me cazy ;D

Offline Redcap

• Helpful? 11
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
Very nice, thanks for the share :)

I'm actually in the midst of designing a Hexapedal robot from scratch, myself. ...Though I think I'm heading into it with a more difficult approach by getting into I2C & using 2-4 MC's...

In your opinion, what was the most difficult part of your project?
Anything specific that I should be mindful of?

Cheers,
Redcap

Offline animaniacTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:02:13 AM »
actually, it is a PS2 controller... I have no idea yet how to embed a program or use wireless controller, so I made this with visual C++ from my computer. the PS2 controller is plugged with a USB adapter and detected as a windows controlled. it is simply used with the directinput library.

making the IK for the legs was actually quite easy, it is just math if you already learned kinematics (which I did). since it is my first project I just experimented time after time.

the most difficult part for me was to build the events to trigger the legs going up or on the ground. my first tries always led to loops and the robot going epileptic.

this could turn into a discussion about hexapods, I can paste parts of the code if you want.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list