go away spammer

Author Topic: Servos on the erp  (Read 1701 times)

Offline dwind62Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Servos on the erp
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:37:57 AM »
Sorry if this is a silly question, or already asked and I missed it, but I was looking at the ERP page, and admiring the engineering that went into it. one thing that I'm confused about. On the servo list it says it uses HS-225BB x 2 (wheels) servos and I looked at servo city at their list of servos that can and cannot be modified for continuous rotation, and they say the HS 225BB is not modifiable, but a similar servo HS-225MG is able to be modified. What's the difference between a BB and an MG servo?

Offline Crunchy Theory

• Helpful? 0
  • "Well great is ok, but amazing would be great."
Re: Servos on the erp
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »
Nylon vs Metal gears.

This is a useful list on their website for the modification difficulties: http://servocity.com/html/rotation_modification_difficul.html

I'm kind of curious why Admin chose to use Mini servos for the wheels (unless that was a typo).

I personally recommend the HS-425BB servos if standard size fits well. They're super smooth, low-priced, and a 360-mod difficulty of 1 (basically take out a little plastic piece). Very good for basic wheels.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:58:57 PM by Crunchy Theory »
The only way to top an upright screen, keyboard, and mouse is to eliminate the need for humans to touch a PC at all. Oh, hello there Mr. Robot... what would I like you to do, you ask?

Offline dwind62Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Servos on the erp
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »
Ok, thanks, I'll go with the HS-425BB servos. I don't plan building a ninja robot anytime soon, lol. I just mostly want a good platformto  experiment with my blackfin camera. I think I'll be fine as long as the cat doesn't attack. Thanks

Get Your Ad Here