Author Topic: Question on Remote Control Frequency  (Read 2218 times)

Offline the jeenyusTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Question on Remote Control Frequency
« on: March 18, 2009, 06:23:47 PM »
How exactly does the receiver recognize the transmitter's frequency? I watched the Remote Control tutorial on SoR, but I dont understand how I would sync the transmitter with the receiver. Would you have to purchase the two with the same frequency, or could you replace those crystal things with the matching frequencies? I was also wondering if you were near somebody else with identical frequencies would your robot just not work? Or in another case, if you go to turn on your transmitter and you accidentally open up your neighbor's garage door...

Please help, I need help shopping for Transmitter/Reciever.

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: Question on Remote Control Frequency
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
You can exchange the crystals, as long as the transmitter and receiver have matching crystals, they will work. If someone else around you is on the same frequency, your receiver will be confused and basically will go crazy.

The data sent from transmitter to receiver is specific for RC, so you can't go around opening garage doors with it.

Offline the jeenyusTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:03:43 PM »
Oh ok. Thank you! What transmitter or receiver do you recommend? I just want to buy the best possible...

And do you have to buy them separate, or can you buy a pair of them together?

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:18:30 PM »
i cant really recommend any as i havent bought any that didnt come with rc cars. but yes you can buy them separately or in a pair.
Howdy