Author Topic: How to build spider leg movement?  (Read 2177 times)

Offline IAmAProgrammerTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
How to build spider leg movement?
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:50:12 PM »
Hello,

As my usernams sugests I am a programmer (still in college [electrical and computer engineering]).
I have to build a spider robot for a project,I know how to do everything,except one thing. The leg movement.

I simply don't know how to do it.I only know that I need some servomotors and maybe a steering cassete,or something similar,or other mechanical mechanism to realize the movement.

Can you please give me some links where I can search for some info on how to acomplis the leg movement?

Thank you!

I can print all the parts on a 3D printer.

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: How to build spider leg movement?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 05:31:35 AM »
 ;) Hello!
To get a lot of examples, and forum help, goto Parallax.com. They have a lot of items you could use.
they do not specialize in the spider robot particularly, but can give good guidance. Duane Degn is
usually on the forum, and has awesome spider (multiple leg) projects that he has contribute to.
Good Luck!!!  ;) :) :D ;D

Offline bdeuell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 15
Re: How to build spider leg movement?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
I haven't built a legged robot but i know there is a bit of a community around them. A few people have put together a code base for hexapod robots that may help you out. I recommend you check out the lynxmotion (now robotshop forum)

Get Your Ad Here