go away spammer

Author Topic: Making a JAVA program. Help apreciated  (Read 3107 times)

Offline jklvTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Making a JAVA program. Help apreciated
« on: September 08, 2007, 10:20:52 AM »
I want to make a program using JAVA. I have seen this program made but I do no know how to make them.
Is one of those programs who have a Graphic User Interface. A window with dropdown menus and are used to edit variables in a document. Usually a text document like .ini files etc. Like the ones used when editing unit variables in games.

Thanks

Offline DomoArigato

• Helpful? 1
Re: Making a JAVA program. Help apreciated
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »
All of that is possible in Java, what is your ultimate goal?  How far have you gotten already?  If your just beginning, the first step would be downloading the Java SDK (Software Development Kit) and installing an IDE like eclipse or netbeans.  IDE's are programmes that make it easier to edit and build your program.

Offline awally88

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 12:48:24 AM »

Can you give more information about what you need, how much you already know about Java, how much programming experience you've had etc.

If you haven't done java before like DomoArgato you need to download the Java SDK (Standard Edition) from Sun.   (I dont use an IDE, its really optional about that - I find them to be overkill unless you are doing massive projects)

If you look on the Java API http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/ look up the javax.swing. * and java.awt.* classes which you need for any GUI stuff (Graphical User Interface)

Just need more information before we can really help much!

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 06:00:13 PM »
Ok, I do know how to make some programs, I understand the basics. I know how to use the If else statement, JAVA swing I have both netbeans and eclipse, although i have only used netbeans, and I know how to use the swing a little bit, as I have done the celsius converter programs which i learned in sun site and some programs for myself to help me cheat at school xD. My final goal is to build a database which will later be used for a inventory and than in a point of sale.

Thanks a lot everyone

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:11:15 PM »
One more thing, I usually use textpad for building prgrams at shchool.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list