Author Topic: Stumped... How to create voltage "device" in eagle?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline corrado33Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Stumped... How to create voltage "device" in eagle?
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:08:54 AM »
Hmmm, I know this really isn't a robot question, but I couldn't find any cadsoft eagle forums or the like, so I decided to ask here.

I'm trying to create a "device" for battery+ and battery-.  I just can't figure out how to do it.  I can create a normal device just fine, but I think there is another layer to creating something like that, because every one of those "devices" you add has to be connected to each other.

I tried copying a 5V+ one, but when I added it to my schematic it just treated it like it was a +5V one (even though I had named it B+).  I tried looking for a tutorial on how to do it, but I just find "how to create a device" etc. 

Any advice?

Offline corrado33Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Re: Stumped... How to create voltage "device" in eagle?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:24:48 AM »
Aw now I feel dumb.  I figured it out not 5 minutes after I posted the question.

And there IS an eagle forum. 

Basically whenever you make the "pin" in the "symbol", instead of making it an I/O pin, you make it a "supply" pin then name it whatever you want your supply to be called.  I named mine B+.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list