Author Topic: Tri-Clops: Omni-wheeled three arm RC toy  (Read 3295 times)

Offline GertlexTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer · Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Tri-Clops: Omni-wheeled three arm RC toy
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:54:51 PM »
This is something I first saw in my most recent Popular Science magazine.  It instantly struck me as something that would be awesome to have as a base for hacking and robots.

The Tyco Tri-Clops... for about $100:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/r%5Cc/tyco-tri+clops-rc-car-gets-you-in-laser-sight-then-pelts-you-mercilessly-with-discs-289109.php

It's one of those things I'd buy if money were no problem :P

Here's the only video I could find of it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=T_Xt2Mssy9Y (It's featured in the last quarter of that vid)
I

Offline madchimp

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
Re: Tri-Clops: Omni-wheeled three arm RC toy
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:02:51 AM »
Well I know this thread is a bit old but I thought the same thing when I saw one at ToysRus. I wouldn't have bought one except they are on clearance for $39.99. I got mine in Ann Arbor. I'm just getting into building robots and figured this would be perfect. I can start out with differential drive and later try vector drive. I figured Its a really cheap drivetrain if nothing else. Just thought I would give you a heads up in case you were still wanting one.

Offline GertlexTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer · Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »
Well I know this thread is a bit old but I thought the same thing when I saw one at ToysRus. I wouldn't have bought one except they are on clearance for $39.99. I got mine in Ann Arbor. I'm just getting into building robots and figured this would be perfect. I can start out with differential drive and later try vector drive. I figured Its a really cheap drivetrain if nothing else. Just thought I would give you a heads up in case you were still wanting one.

Seriously?

I'm going there to day. I'm in AA myself xD
I

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
Hi, my name is izua and i'm an alcohoolic. That AA, right?
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

Offline madchimp

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »
No not that AA.  :P But admitting your problem is the first step.  ;D

data_list